Sunday, December 30, 2012

M Street Kitchen

M Street Kitchen is my favorite restaurant in Santa Monica. Now I'm not from the there but this is my favorite restaurant if I am in the area. 


To start with there is a parking lot underneath the building and there is street parking if necessary. That right there is a plus for me because I hate looking for parking or the lack thereof. 


The ambiance is perfect on the few occasions that I have visited. The staff have all been very friendly and helpful. You can enjoy sitting inside and outside. Outside they are sure to sit you near a heating lamp which creates the perfect environment for a romantic night or an evening with friends.




Next there was the menu I have gone in the evening for happy hour and in the morning for brunch and breakfast; both menus offer a variety of food without overwhelming you. They offer your basic items but don't be fooled there is nothing basic about the taste. Each and every single item taste fresh and especially made just for you. The wait time for our food was appropriate with the meals. 

As we sat down water was brought to us which was perfect because it gives you time to think of a drink you may want without feeling so thirsty and rushing to decide what you want. You get your own glass bottle for your table and more if necessary.


Now to start we had the Nachos, which were topped with chicken, cheese, guacamole, cilantro,  and a tomato sauce. They were everyone's favorite right out of the gate. 

Pulled Chicken Nachitos 

 For all those like me who love California roll but don't always have it readily available, theirs was pretty good. 

California Roll
 Next was the Organic tomato gazpacho, which is a treat to say. This was a tomato based soup served cold. Now I think it would have gone perfect with a grilled cheese but it was good anyways. 

Organic Tomato Gazpacho
The cheeseburger was the star of the show for some. It was the best thing many had eaten, the meat was tender, juicy and tasted fresh. Now a burger for me can be tricky because a lot of restaurants overcook the meat, but they got it just right. With plenty of cheese and just big enough to fit into my mouth. It is worth ordering this delectable little morsel. 
The Cheeseburger
 For me however my Pièce de résistance  was the fried chicken. Now some of you may be thinking why would you go with the fried chicken of all things on the menu. I  will tell you why because so many people get it wrong. Friend chicken can be dry, it can be oily, it can be all together wrong. But not at M Street. I mean the chicken was perfectly hot, moist all around, perfectly crispy. It was fried chicken done right.  The cole slaw was a good side dish but the biscuit was heaven on a plate. Now on the side you get honey and a poblano honey butter and that my friend was perfect on anything. You know what I mean that one sauce that goes great with everything. Well the Paula Deen in me came out and I wanted butter on everything. 

Country-fried chicken
 They also offer a wide variety of drink but if you love Sangria like my wife does I recommend the white one. I didn't try red but I like the white and I don't like Sangria so that says a lot. 

White Sangria
 Needless to say if I am in the area rest assured that I will be eating at M Street Kitchen. Happy Eating to everyone.



200 Main Street Santa Monica, CA
(310) 396-9145

No comments:

Post a Comment