Monday, December 17, 2012

Holidays

The Holidays are here and for those who have family, they know how annoying it can be. The 20 question game where everyone wants to know what is going on in your personal life. You also have the family who only comes around once a year and wants to catch up on all the gossip.

Its funny how your aunts and uncles will try to use their kids, your cousins, to divulge information from you. Sneaky bastards I tell you, but stay on your toes and trust nobody. At these family gatherings it's every man for themself. I mean when you get cornered you try your hardest to throw it somewhere else. For example, So Johnny who was that girl I saw you with at the movies. The conversation gets the hell away from you and now you are safe.

Then there are always the, so are you seeing anyone or when are the kids coming? But see here is where I am still in the clear I have an older cousin who is neither married nor with children. Although many have lost hope for her because she is in her late 30's and still living at home. I pray for her to find happiness. Personally I think she's gay because a few years ago she moved in with her female Dr. "Friend" and then moved out a year later saying she didn't really like it.  My assumption is she liked it panicked and ran away when shit got real. Then there is my older brother who is also neither married nor with children. Leaving me and 2 younger ones in the clear because hell we're at least still young.

My mother thinks she is the most clever with her questions. 'So my co-worker asked about you. He was saying oh so does your daughter have a boyfriend and she leaves it up in the air like so do you?' No mom I have a wife who I have been with for 7 years and who spends every Holiday with us and whose family I spend every holiday with. I mean seriously how can she not know. My grandmother on the other hand is fine with whatever I do, at the moment I can do no wrong in her eyes. Even when I cut my hair she was totally for it, unlike every other female in the family, who swore it made me gay but didn't say it out loud. Yeah right, me eating pussy makes me gay, me cutting my hair short just makes me even more attractive. I know it sounds conceited, but your are mistaken, its just confidence take my word for it.

I only look to the holidays for one reason and that is the cooking. As you may have previously read in Thanksgiving dinner 2012, I love to cook and I truly enjoy it. I usually plan the menu weeks in advance and since I it takes place at my parents house my father provides the groceries. We stay away from traditional meals mainly because we feel turkey is dry and we tend to crave our ethnic traditional food throughout the year and so it's not as special since we may have just had it a few weeks prior.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to these last two holidays because pretty soon the wedding will be official and the cat will be out of the bag and you never know how anyone will react. My mother has grown a lot over the years so I hope she will at least try to understand but my dad worries me. I think and I'm sure he knows but once you say it out loud shit hits the fan.

So, for everyone out there enjoy your holidays with whoever you have by your side. This is the time we remember the good and forget the bad to enjoy the present. Remember you're still alive and kicking. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment