Wednesday, November 7, 2012

2012 Elections


Obama is our President again. I am happy because I like him and he benefits me. It was also a big year for women in in Politics. TAMMY BALDWIN, the Senator-Elect from Wisconsin, will become the first openly gay person ever elected to Senate. MAZIE HIRONO, the Senator-Elect from Hawaii, will become the first Asian-American woman in Senate. TAMMY DUCKWORTH, the Representative-Elect for Illinois, will become the first disabled female veteran elected to the House of Reps. (she lost both her legs in the Iraq War).

It was tense for a few hours when the votes from the bible belt came in. Now I know that many people like Romney problem is he doesn’t like me at all. I mean his stance on women was crap, homosexuals out the door and did you hear what he said on abortion and the rights of women. I know I don’t have to explain it all, he was just not beneficial to me. 

As for Obama well he gave me healthcare, for gays he repealed "Don't ask don't tell." I feel that balance has once again been restored. Many things were done to celebrate but I figured I'd share some of the outfits I created for equality and Americans voting out there. As well as some pictures of our voting stickers. 



Lastly there was the victory for marriage equality in four states. 




Remember don't just vote for the President but also for what's important in you state and you city. 


No comments:

Post a Comment